About: Val Wright
Recent Posts by Val Wright
TUESDAY OCTOBER 15
SECOND ANNUAL HALLOWEEN IN THE WOODS combines the make-believe, spooky fun of Halloween with the beauty of nighttime nature to create an event that is fun for the whole family. Halloween In The Woods is designed especially for families with children ages 5 to 12.
Hikes start every 10 minutes between 6:30 and 8:00 p.m. (last hike ends at 8:30 pm). Rain or Shine. Event is at House In The Wood, Lake Delavan. Advanced tickets or cash on day.
- House In The Wood’s woodland is transformed into a make believe forest complete with a talking owl, a scaredy-cat skunk, a singing spider and other creatures of the forest.
- The trip along lighted paths through the make believe forest is just spooky enough to keep the kids enthralled, but is not designed to give anyone a nightmare. In fact, we expect most people to leave with a smile on their face and a new appreciation for nature’s misunderstood creatures.
- Visitors are treated to a snack of cider and popcorn and can enjoy crafts in the dining hall after their walk. You can meet our House In The Wood animal ambassadors (lizards, snakes, rats, tortoises) while you wait for your hike to start.
TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE
- Tickets can be purchased at Big Foot Recreation in Walworth in person or online. Please see their brochure or website for more information.
- Or at House In The Wood in Delavan by phone 262-728-2752 with a credit card (Mastercard or Visa). Tickets can be picked up at the entrance.
- Ticket Sales begin Monday, September 28 and are on sale M-F from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- One adult must accompany every 5 children
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable
- $7 per person.
Recent Comments by Val Wright
No comments by Val Wright yet.