You Make It Happen
Everything that makes House In The Wood such an amazing place is made possible by your generous contributions.
Attn: Katie Taylor
1400 West Augusta Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60642
Have gently used clothing, furniture, or other items? The Settlement also accepts a wide range of gifts for our programs, including items from the wish list below. Please contact the development team with questions.
House In The Wood is part of Northwestern Settlement, a 501(c)(3) legal, designated charity that serves needy children and families of Chicago’s west side. 100% of your donation is tax-deductible.
For those who would like to support House In The Wood with an in-kind donation, we have put together a list of some of the items we need most. Large or small, your contribution is greatly appreciated and helps make possible the great experiences offered in our programs. Thank you!
- Small Outboard Motor or Small Motor Boat (for rescuing sailboats across the lake)
- Utility Vehicles (John Deere Gators) — We are a four season facility so we need a four season work vehicle.
- New Swimming Dock Boards (Our current dock is over 30 years old.)
- Vest Life Jackets - Large and X-Large
- Canoe Paddles
- Row Boat Oars (8ft)
Rummage Sale Treasures
- Sports Equipment
- Children’s Books
- Children’s Magazines
- Art/Crafts Supplies
- Cooking/Baking Basics-measuring, pans, pots
- Yoga Mats
- Exercise Mats